The term “work-life balance” is a concept involving the management of personal time for one’s job or career.
Currently, the best way to stay on top of your job and personal life is to develop a balance between them. While this might be easier said than done, there are things that you can do today to keep your work life in check.
With that said, how can this be achieved?
- Learn to say “NO”:For most of us, saying NO doesn’t come naturally but once you’ve realized you can’t do some work at the moment, don’t just say no, give your reasons as this would help your client/employer see things from your point of view.
- Take breaks:Taking breaks from work does help with productivity. Just as we try to maintain our appliances, so they won’t spoil easily, we need to take breaks from our work if we want to function properly.
- Prioritize your mental health: your mental health is a priority so, you need to take care of your mind just as much as you would take care of your body. Get organized, calm your mind, nourish your mind, body, and soul and always remember that self-care is not selfish
- Communicate boundaries: there is more to us than work so, having clear work boundaries is important as it helps safeguard our time and energy. As a creative, you need to be clear and concise when setting your boundaries even if you work remotely. Always know when to shut down your devices and when to hang out with friends, it’s very important
- Prioritize quality time: as much as you want to get the work done so you can get paid and live a beautiful life, always remember your “me-time” is extremely important too. Do the things you love to do the most, binge-watch movies, go on a horse ride, treat yourself to your favorite restaurant, sleep, just do something you love, and don’t be choked with work.
What do you stand to gain by doing these even when you have a truckload of work to do?
- Improved productivity
- Improved mental health
While keeping the creative juices flowing can be hard work, it is important to find a balance between work and your personal life so as not to get burned out easily.
Did you find this piece helpful? Kindly let us know and if you have something to add to it, do well to type it in the comments section.