BY: ONI JOSEPH
Jim Rohn said “Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” There are different questions raised about being creative, whether it is inborn or if this skill can be developed over time. In the age whereby numerous ideas and operations are being measured and executed in lieu to the standard and status quo of each society, to stand out, you have to be able to think differently searching inside the box.
Well, I will definitely say that some people are more gifted than others, but everyone can develop their creative thinking abilities and potentials. One of the solid-proven approach that has been put into experiment countless times is reading books. Exceptionally, we compiled few number of books about creativity, which can help in boosting skills in our various fields.
P.S: It will be personally appreciated if reviews can be made about certain book mentioned below in the comment section.
1. Imagine: How Creativity Works by Jonah Lehren
2. Lateral Thinking by Edward de Bono
3. Creativity by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
4. Steal Like An Artist by Austin Kleon
5. Creative Confidence by David and Tom Kelley
6. Sketching User Experiences by Bill Buxton
7. Contagious by Jonah Berger
8. Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards
9. Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
10. How We Got to Now: Six Innovations That Made the Modern World by Steven Johnson
There is no right way to unleash your creative potential, but we’re believers in learning from the greats and creating your own artistic roadmap based on what resonates with you. Add to your library this week.